Comment on page
Scheduling / queue management tool - Questions
Here are some key questions to ask as you evaluate a scheduling / queue management tool.
- What’s the overall flow for scheduling?
- Flow for scheduling an appointment ahead of time
- Flow for scheduling a day-of visit and schedule a real-time walk-in
- Lightweight screener at time of booking to confirm eligibility
- Do they have a way to upload eligibility information? (e.g. ID card)
- Reminders: day before, day-of, “you’re up soon”, with information on what to expect to prepare them in advance
- Ability to reschedule and/or cancel
- Workflow manager
- 2-way messaging between resident and provider
- Determine whether 1st or 2nd shot and what the brand is
- Manually add patients
- Easily manage multiple locations at the same time, manage # of lines available
- Dynamic scheduling day-of
- Grace period for residents running late
- Ability to shut off line (e.g. if running behind)
- Cancel a block of appointments (e.g. due to weather) and message people about the cancellation
- Easy access to vaccination data for reporting purposes.